Probably one of the most popular Indian chicken recipe, butter chicken or chicken makhni or chicken tikka masala is liked by everyone because of the balance of sweet and spice in a creamy and rich gravy that goes along well with a naan, chapati or simple rice.
A dish that the health freaks shy away from, butter chicken can turn out to be a rather complex dish to prepare because of the number of ingredients and time taken to prepare this delicious dish.
So what if you’re craving for butter chicken and don’t have hours to marinate the chicken, then cook it and finally add in to the already cooked tomato gravy ? That’s when my recipe for butter chicken will help you out!
My version of butter chicken, though not authentic or original, tastes brilliant and would certainly help you to save a lot of time.
Cooking Time: 25-30 mins
Ginger garlic paste
Kashmiri red chilli powder
Kasuri methi/Dried fenugreek powder
Coriander for garnish
1. Heat butter and oil in a pan and add ginger and garlic paste, chopped green chillies. Cook till the paste gets reduced and gets a brown colour.
2. Add in the dry spices like garam masala, coriander powder, red chilli powder and let the spices cook.
3. Add the tomato puree and the seasoning and let the puree reduce down till it gets a deep crimson colour.
4. Place the cubed chicken in the gravy and add kasuri methi powder along with a bit of water.
5. After the chicken gets cooked, add the cream and a bit of honey for sweetness.
6. Simmer for another 2-3 mins and your butter chicken is ready to serve in under 30 minutes.
Garnish with coriander and cream. Serve hot.