Cheesecake is never a source for anything but pure bliss. Creamy and comforting along with a bit of crunch, cheesecake brings the best of two worlds, cheese and cake, together into a delicious harmony of texture and flavour that is hard to resist!
If you think like me and are looking for a decadent sweet treat without doing all the fuss of baking and getting all the ingredients together, then my recipe for a rich dark chocolate oreo Cheesecake is going to be the best fix for your cheesecake and chocolate cravings!
- Oreo biscuits(crushed finely- 15-20 pieces)
- Butter(salted works equally wel, 50 grams)
- Cream Cheese(250 grams)
- Cream(100 grams)
- Powdered sugar( Adjust according to sweetness of the chocolate that you are using)
- Dark Chocolate(melted)
1. Take the crushed oreo biscuits in a bowl and add melted butter. Mix till the mixture comes together like a dough.
2. Butter the container in which you wish to set your cheesecake and make a layer(about 0-5cm) of the oreo cookie dough that was made earlier.
3. Refrigerate the container for around 10-15 minutes till the biscuit layer sets hard.
4. In the meanwhile, take a big bowl and add in the cream cheese(should be at room temperature), sugar and cream. Mix well till all the three come together without forming any lumps.
5. Add in the melted dark chocolate to the cake batter and mix well. Insure that the mixture should not be too runny or the cake won’t set.
6. Pour the mixture in the container with the oreo layer and refrigerate it for atleast one hour.
7. De-mould and your cheesecake is ready to be devoured. Serve along with some hot chocolate sauce, chocolate savings and ice cream.