The most versatile of meat, chicken is undoubtedly one of my favourites which I love to experiment with. This time I decided to make a simple dhaba style chicken curry which I paired along with some crispy malabari parantha and spicy green chutney. Read on to know my simple and delicious chicken curry recipe.
Cooking time: 25 mins
- Boneless chicken(350 grams)
- Tomatoes(3- chopped)
- Onions(2- chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste(2 tsp)
- Green chillies(2-3)
- Red chilli powder(1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric powder(1/4 tsp)
- Coriander powder(1 tsp)
- Garam masala(1/2 tsp)
- Ghee(2 tsp)
- Salt(to taste)
- Coriander leaves(for garnish)
- Heat a pan and add ghee along with red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Lightly cook and add ginger garlic paste and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the onions, chopped green chillies and salt and cook the onions till golden brown.
- Put the roughly chopped tomatoes in and cook for 5 minutes, till the tomatoes cook down completely.
- Add the chicken morsels along with half cup of water and cover with a lid. Cook for about 10 minutes, till the chicken is completely cooked.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and serve hot with basmati rice or crispy parantha.