Fluffy and moist, pancakes are the perfect breakfast option, when you’re not in the mood to prepare something elaborate.
It may seem to be a complicated task to make a perfectly fluffy pancake, but my recipe is simple and fuss-free, and will give you the perfect pancakes every time.
Top them up with some nutella, dark chocolate sauce, ice cream, fruits or whipped cream, and you’ll be good to start your day on a delicious note!
Cooking time: 30 mins
1 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon oil
Pinch of salt
1. Sift together all the dry ingredients i.e. flour, sugar, salt and baking powder and keep aside.
2. Take another bowl and mix together all the other ingredients i.e. oil, milk and egg.
3. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and slowly pour in the mixture prepared in step 2.
4. Slowly mix together all the ingredients together, till all lumps disappear. Note that you should not over-mix, otherwise the pancakes wouldn’t rise.
5. Take a non-stick pan, and pour 2 tablespoons of the mixture each time. Let it cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes, till the bubbles on top disappear. Gently flip and let it cook for another 1-2 minutes.
6. Serve hot with butter, maple syrup or whatever you like 🙂