There’s nothing quite like fried chicken when hunger pangs strike. Moist and juicy deep-fried chicken meat with a golden brown and crispy exterior. Fried chicken is something that I could demolish anytime, anywhere.
If you love fried chicken, as much as I do, then there’s a good news for you. Even though it might come across as a daunting task to get the perfectly crisp exterior and moist chicken meat, it actually isn’t. It is simple to make and can be enjoyed in the comfort of your home, while you binge-watch your favourite TV series!
With this recipe mastered, I reckon that there’s no need for me to go out to grab on to a good fried chicken now!
Here’s my recipe of fried chicken tossed in a sweet and tangy sauce:
Cooking Time: 30-40 mins
For fried chicken:
3 chicken breasts, each cut into 2 pieces
1.5 cups buttermilk
4 tsp paprika or kashmiri red chilli powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Salt to taste
Flour, for dredging
Oil, for frying
8 dried red chillies, soaked in warm water and pureed
4 tsp honey
1. Place chicken pieces in a container and cover them with buttermilk. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour. This will make the chicken moist and juicy.
2. Combine paprika/red chilli powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt and flour. Add this to the buttermilk-soaked chicken.
3. In another bowl, put flour and mix it with salt. This will be used to dredge the chicken before frying.
4. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
5. Now one by one, pick a piece of chicken from the marinade and dredge it with flour and let it rest for 2-3 minutes before it goes in the fryer.
6. Fry the chicken morsels in hot oil, for around 10-12 minutes, till the chicken turns golden brown.
7. Drain off the excess oil in the chicken by placing it on a kitchen towel.
8. Take a bowl, add the red chilli paste, honey and salt, Mix it well and toss it with the fried chicken.
9. Serve hot with sweet chilli sauce or demolish as it is.