No matter how many calories might come along with it, there’s something about fried food that allures us by its golden and crispy charm, that makes it hard to resist. And if it starts to rain, then it simply becomes impossible to resist.
Now raining or not, spring rolls are a great snacking option. Deep-fried and crunchy, filled with a medley of ingredients, served with a sauce or two, spring rolls are easy to make and can be made with just a handful of ingredients. The only basic requirement is that of spring roll sheets.
#CookWithKaran Fried food for Fry-day! . . Super simple to make, these golden and crisp triangles, filled with a minced chicken filling were served with sweet chilli dip and a spicy red chilli dip. The recipe will go up on the blog today. Stay tuned 😀 . . How many can you have? . . #fried #deepfried #calories #delicious #homemade #cooking #madebyme #recipe #chicken #protein #spicy #chilli #dip #yummy #tasty #hungry #foodporn #foodphotography #blogger #foodblogger #delhi #indianblogger #instalike #instagood #doubletap #dailyfoodfeed #sonyalpha6000 #fryday #munchies
A couple of days back I had bought spring roll sheets from the supermarket. Hence, I decided to give my own twist to spring rolls and made them triangular, to look like baby samosas, and filled them up with a spicy chicken mince. Here’s the recipe:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
250 grams of minced chicken
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp hoisin sauce
2 tsp red chilli sauce
2 chopped green chillies
1/2 chopped white onion
Salt and pepper
Spring roll sheets(cut into triangles)
Oil for deep frying
1. In a pan, add some oil, chopped green chillies and onions. Saute for a minute or two.
2. Add chilli sauce, hoisin sauce and soy sauce and cook together for a minute.
3. Add in the minced chicken and let it cook for 5-8 minutes until the chicken is properly cooked. Put aside to cook.
4. Using water, damp the edges of the spring roll sheets and put the minced chicken filling. Crimp the edges properly to make sure it’s properly sealed.
5. Deep fry the chicken pockets for 2-3 mins, until golden brown.
6. Get rid of excess oil with a kitchen towel and serve hot with sweet chilli sauce.