Paucity of time and limited ingredients made me experiment and come up with the simplest recipe for potato poppers. The best part is that it’s simple, thanks to just 2 basic ingredients that we always have in our kitchens, is super versatile, and gets done in no time!
5 medium boiled potatoes
5 slices of white bread
Oil, to deep fry
Salt to taste
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
1. Peel boiled potatoes and using a fork, smash them till mashed completely.
2. Take your slices of bread, briefly put them in water, press and remove excess water and add to the mashed potatoes.
3. Add salt and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
4. Make small balls of the potato mash and deep fry till golden brown.
5. Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
Note: You can add chaat masala, green chillies, red chilli powder, vegetables, cheese or whatever you may like to customise your potato poppers. Enjoy!